Built with integrity on a foundation of tradition
Since 1973 J.A. Myers Homes has been providing quality built homes and neighborhoods to South Central PA and Northern MD. We strive to continue this tradition of excellence, with your help, for years to come! We’re looking for professionally skilled craftsmen who know there way around home building. If this is you please introduce yourself.
View Our Current Employment Opportunities…
$18.00 to $25.00 an hour
J.A. Myers is seeking a full time hourly paid Architectural Drafter/Designer, who will be primarily responsible for using computer-aided design and drafting (AutoCAD) software and Revit to create technical drawings of new home residential construction projects and new custom homes. In addition, the Architectural Drafter’s duties include the following:
- Reviews corrections and changes to insure all areas are modified to reflect scope changes.
- Facilitate changes required by state and county codes
- Ability to work in a fast-passed work environment to produce deliverables on time with little or no guidance, while working on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Maintain master plan changes
- Create marketing floor plans; Review new floor plans for future projects;
- Prepares construction drawings for high end residential new construction and remodeling projects utilizing AutoCAD
- High school diploma and minimum Associates in AutoCAD or Architecture.
- 3-5 years architectural experience with AutoCAD
- Experience with and knowledge of general home building construction practices is preferred
- Knowledge of the use of a PC and Microsoft Office Suite programs
If you possess these qualifications and are ready to take the next step in your career with an organization that takes pride in its employees and the work that we do in the community, please apply in confidence by sending a cover letter and resume including salary requirements. We offer opportunities for career growth and a competitive compensation and benefits package. No agencies please. EOE.
Seeking Sub-Contractors for all trades
Including but not limited to plumbing, heating, siding, roofing, stucco, framing, electrical, and drywall in the following areas: Gettysburg, York, Hanover and Littlestown.
- Actively participate in work on projects, supervise field employees and be responsible for the completion of all projects in a safe and timely manner, utilizing the highest quality of workmanship.
- Supervise work activities and coordinate work schedules for all specialty contractors.
- Back-up superintendent as the OSHA competent person and articulate the relevant safety regulations for the work being performed.
- Assist with job site inspections.
Essential Job Functions:
You must be able to twist, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, crawl, climb ladders, climb stairs, walk on uneven ground, work above ground on scaffolds and below ground in ditches and lift 50 pounds.
Full Time. Salary Negotiable. Benefits Available.
Hanover, PA & Carroll County, MD Area
Looking for an energetic and professional individual to join our sales team!
Ideal candidate must have strong communication skills, ability to promote our products, and create sales. We are a residential home builder located in 13 communities with over 50 model types. Candidate must be able to speak knowledgeably about our product, the communities, and general building code requirements. In addition the candidate must have strong administrative skills in order to complete a contract with pertinent information from customer information, legal real estate description, and appropriate addendums. A licensed PA and or MD real estate license preferred. However, company will consider a candidate that presents the skills necessary to successfully perform the duties and allow that individual to obtain licensing immediately after hire date.
The carpenter position must have experience in ALL building phases. Must have excellent organizational & communication skills. Carpenter must have necessary tools to perform framing trim & cabinet setting.
The equipment operator position must be able to operate a 953 loader/Case backhoe. CDL is a plus.